Almost every homeowner will deal with a clogged sink at some point or another. Thankfully, you can handle most minor clogs without calling for professional drain cleaning in Montgomery County or adding harmful chemicals to your drain. Use these steps to unclog a stubborn sink or bathtub the natural way!
- Boil a pot of water. Clear out your sink or bathtub as best as you can before you attempt to clear the drain. Boil a pot of water on your stove, then pour the water down the clogged drain. This starts to loosen the clog so your natural drain cleaner can work more effectively.
- Add baking soda. After your boiling water has made its way down the drain, dump about one-half cup of baking soda down the drain. If your drain has a removable cover, you may want to take it out before adding the baking soda to your sink or bathtub.
- Add hot water and vinegar to the drain. Create a mixture of one cup vinegar and one cup of very hot (not boiling) water. Pour the mixture down your drain, over top of the baking soda.
- Cover the drain. Next, cover your drain to keep the mixture from bubbling up into your sink. You can stop the drain with a drain stopper, or you can place a wet washcloth over the drain. Allow the mixture to sit for five to ten minutes.
- Flush once more with boiling water. Boil another cup of water and pour it down your drain. You may need to repeat this step two to three times to totally clear your drain.
Natural solutions can be a quick fix for minor drain clogs. However, if you have a major clog in your drain or sewer line, you might need professional sewer & drain cleaning in Montgomery County from the team at Delaware Valley Septics. To learn more about our drain cleaning processes or to schedule your appointment, please give our team a call today at 1-844-4DELVAL.